
So I have to review the movie I saw last weekend.
To celebrate my very good friend's birthday, we went to see Maid of Honor starring Patrick Dempsey and a lot of other people I have never seen nor heard of before.
(We would have seen Sex and the City but her birthday didn't sync!)
The premise is much like the time-honored favorite, "My Best Friend's Wedding." Dempsey's character has commitment issues (blamed on his father who can't remember whether his current bride is number 6 or 7 - and negotiates the weekly frequency of sex in the prenup right before his says his vows). My biggest complaint is how flippantly they treat sex in this film. Each character is so promiscuous that the very act that should be considered sacred is treated with no more respect or importance than brushing your teeth. The guy has poked more women than a year's supply of Tampax!
Anyhoo, they tried to get Dempsey to do a little slapstick. It didn't work. I put together a list (cuz I love lists) of things I liked and didn't like about this film.
Likes:
1. The guy in the short shorts was funny.
2. Patrick Dempsey is easy to look at.
3. The coffee collar premise was OK.
4. The company I was with.
5. The peach bellinis from Carinos.
Dislikes:
1. The flippant way they treated sex.
2. The future mother-in-law.
3. The renaissance "fight for the bride" scene. Talk about CORNY! Just an excuse to put Dempsey in a tiny (like, Brittney Spears - size) kilt. Ok. Maybe that's not so bad.
4. The beginning.
5. The middle.
6. The ending.
This movie is not even DVD-worthy. Don't watch this unless you're home in bed with the flu and there's nothing else on!

No comments:
Post a Comment