My mother in law took this picture at the Amarillo airport. Don't you just love the hay bales?
The Space
Shuttle Atlantis was on its way back to Kennedy Space Center from Edwards AFB in California and stopped off in Amarillo today. We got pics as it flew RIGHT OVER the house! Isn't this cool? Our own personal fly-by.
Shuttle Atlantis was on its way back to Kennedy Space Center from Edwards AFB in California and stopped off in Amarillo today. We got pics as it flew RIGHT OVER the house! Isn't this cool? Our own personal fly-by. None of us had ever seen the space shuttle in person. It piggy-backs on a specially-made 747. We're not used to seeing such big aircraft in town! It was a SWEET surprise.
Traffic near the airport was almost at a stand still as word got out. I really am so proud to be American. Happy Independence Day!
Click Here to learn more about the Space Shuttle Atlantis' trip back to Florida.

1 comment:
Tonya!!! I finally checked your blog - YEA!! I love blogs. They are cool. I'm glad you got to see the shuttle.. I didn't know anything about it until the news came on last night. See you later!! VACATION here I come!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment