
Hey, all! I'm in Milwaukee, Wisconsin for a lia sophia jewelry conference. We flew in a day early because we could save money on airfare so Shelli Stockstill and I have spent the day getting to know the town. It is beautiful! I am so excited about our trip so far. We went to Sprecher brewery this afternoon. We were too late to catch the tour so we went to have a VERY late lunch. (I was rave
nous by then.) We ate at a fabulous diner named Solly's. We had butter burgers. Look at this picture. They are incredible. I highly recommend a butter burger. I think they are even better than the burgers at Vicki's in Amarillo!You wouldn't believe what happened while we were there!?!
U.S. Senator Herb Kohl sat down right next to me. The crowd at the diner started giving him a hard time about the NBA draft and the Bucks. (He owns the NBA team.) He pleasantly ignored them. He wasn't rude, just quiet and didn't want to be bothered. I honestly had no idea who Senator Kohl was until today. He has a special place in my heart since he and his family created the Kohl's Department store chain! (Just ask my sister how much I love to shop at Kohl's...doesn't everyone?)So anyway, we went for a beer after we got to this fabulous mall that closed at 6 pm on a Saturday night (how crazy is that)!?!?! We had no time to shop - maybe I should take that as a sign from God? I've done enough shopping for the month!?! (Shelli reminded me of the famous Benjamin Franklin quote - "Beer is proof that God loves us.")
The waiter at Applebees was so friendly and fabulous. He let us try three local beers (in large shot glasses) and even brought us a FREE extra beer. We tipped him well. We stayed a long time so that I was able to drive back to the hotel OK. (Drink responsibly!!!)
THEN we went for coffee and dessert at a local coffee bar(Alterra). Their credit card machine was broken so they asked Shelli to come back before she left to settle her tab. When she settled her bill at closing time, they gave us two big bags of FREE and fabulous pastries to take back to the hotel with us.
Needless to say, we have had excellent traveling KARMA. I just met Shelli for the first time today and I think I've got a friend for life. Miss you all.
THEN we went for coffee and dessert at a local coffee bar(Alterra). Their credit card machine was broken so they asked Shelli to come back before she left to settle her tab. When she settled her bill at closing time, they gave us two big bags of FREE and fabulous pastries to take back to the hotel with us.
Needless to say, we have had excellent traveling KARMA. I just met Shelli for the first time today and I think I've got a friend for life. Miss you all.

1 comment:
I can't believe you were sitting next to the guy who created the store you love almost more than your family!!
They should take away your Kohls card... :-)
Post a Comment