Friday, July 06, 2007

Look what I got for my birthday!!



Steve is so romantic. He bought me something that's very shiny and sparkley for my birthday. He worked very hard to get it and it cost a LOT of money (about as much as a new home).




Can you guess!?!




It's a pivot sprinkler system. Here's a pic!


We were so excited that we took a picture of us in front of the control panel. It's like buying a new home - without any curtains or windows or bedrooms or kitchens...
But, seriously...I turned 39 today. It didn't hurt. We had a lot of fun. About 20 of my dearest friends and family joined me for a margarita and beer at a local restaurant. I felt so blessed. Lots of people love me for some reason or another. Thanks for the gift of friendship, everyone.
Now start praying that we can pay for this big ol' sprinkler system. Did I mention that it cost the same as a house? Eeek.
I am proud that my husband has continued to fulfill his lifelong dream of farming and ranching on the home spread. We have had a few good years and a few bad years. So far, 2007 is looking very good. We owe all of our blessings to the good Lord. God is GREAT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Tonya!! So sorry we missed your birthday! We ended up leaving on Friday and spending the night in Monte Vista CO. I'll see you on Tuesday! Love ya - Laura

Mitz said...

what a beautiful? system? :)

love you and glad to hear that you had a good b-day - wish I could have been there! see you in a week! (about!)

please give Dennis and Tony a hard time for me - make a face at Marlin (or actually make him do the Jonetta move) and just make Martin laugh (shouldn't be hard :)) oh yeah and give Katrina and Laura big hugs for me! I sure do miss all of you!