Friday, April 06, 2007

I survived the month of February

Can't believe it. I usually have my income tax info to the accountant by the second week of February. I was beating myself up because I didn't get it done until the second week of March. A month late!! EEEEEkkk.

Stupid me, huh? We had a lot of snow in January and February yet I couldn't make myself sit down and do it. I'd rather be selling jewelry.

I became an independent lia sophia jewelry advisor. I thought I would get rich...but I really have just used the extra income to support my bad habit of SHOPPING! I had an epiphany the other day. I AM A SHOPAHOLIC! I can't believe how pleased I am when I walk out of the mall wihtout purchasing anything. I even go so far as to say a prayer before I go shopping. And I've changed the prayer from, "Please, God, let me find the perfect pair of pants today," to, "Please, God, let me get my pleasure from seeing, touching, smelling, but NOT buying!"

The month of February was so insane. I had my Managerial Accounting class - including a final over seven chapters (yuk). I made a 91. I was very happy...have an A in the class and only lack two classes to graduate with my MBA.

I also worked to complete the paperwork for the farm loan. That's always a chore. We have to put together an entire business plan for the bank. Not to mention the income tax. The bills are due RIGHT NOW and we are short $45,000. I'm just taking it a day at a time. The worst thing that can happen is that we lose the place.

My kids decided to participate in stock shows in Jan. and Feb. so a lot of spare time was spent with them washing pigs. Fun.

Then I had to schedule the annual trip to Vegas with my Vegas friend. I LOST ALL MY MONEY. That was no fun. I was disgusted when I got the airport thinking I would never return again. But by the time I landed in Amarillo, I was ready to go back. I've got a new Vegas savings plan! And if it's not used for Vegas, it'll be used for a New York shopping spree. I know both trips are in the future. I want to pay cash for them and for Christmas this year. I'm so sick of credit cards and credit card offers. They are just TROUBLE!

Another prayer: Lord, keep me from using my Talbot's card except in an emergency. (Is the 50% off sale in July with the extra 10% off for my birthday month an emergency?) I wish my company would send me back to Vegas some time. I'm trying to talk them into a training class in Florida in June. We'll see.

By the way, the other thing that happened in February is that my church sanctuary caught fire and burned to the ground. It was extremely traumatic. I'm attaching a photo. I was co-chair of the parish council so it has been more work than I was expecting. God challenged me tremendously with this one. Our church has been so blessed. We are stronger because of the tragedy. I know that sounds really cheesy, but it is true! The Holy Spirit is everywhere. It's just AWESOME!

Maybe I'll have time to post more often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.