Friday, April 06, 2007

April 6, 2007


Big day for us. We've been married 16 years today. We are still very much in love and are best of friends. I thank God every day for my wonderful husband. We are so loved by family and friends. My only hope is that everyone will have a love like ours.


Although we celebrate this day, we also mourn this day. Six years ago this date, my mother died. She was a remarkable, lovely lady who taught us all how to die with grace. We will go visit the cemetary this afternoon between Good Friday Stations of the Cross and Veneration of the Cross services. Mom, I know you are still with us in spirit. Thank you for your beautiful gift of life, your constant encouragement, your desire to give us everything we ever wanted and your unique love for each of us. You taught me the importance of family. Those last days on earth with you at hospice were treasured moments with my brothers and sister. Thanks for that gift, mom. I love you.

No comments: