
I stayed home this morning awaiting the heater repairman. At 10 a.m. I tuned in to my favorite game show, The Price is Right. I hadn't watched since Drew Carey began hosting.
I was sorely disappointed. I know, I know. I've only watched him once and only for about 30 minutes. But he didn't even look like he was having any fun. He was sort of making fun of
the whole price is right show. He was NO Bob Barker. Bob made his contestants feel special - as goofy or quirky as they were. I thought Drew just made them look dumb. There was no passion, no interest in the price of the mattress & box springs or the golf clubs. It made me wonder if Drew Carey has ever had to buy baking soda or a popcorn maker.
the whole price is right show. He was NO Bob Barker. Bob made his contestants feel special - as goofy or quirky as they were. I thought Drew just made them look dumb. There was no passion, no interest in the price of the mattress & box springs or the golf clubs. It made me wonder if Drew Carey has ever had to buy baking soda or a popcorn maker. I think Bob Barker just brought a little bit of glamour to the daytime talk show. I hope he is enjoying retirement.

No comments:
Post a Comment