Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I wore heels ALL DAY today - even at the airport!

Have you ever walked through the airport and wondered how some women can stand to wear HIGH heeled shoes all day? All that walking and stuff. Yuk. I asked a friend of mine (who was in tall heels at the airport) if she did it for vanity or stupidity. She said it was a combination of both.

Well...one of my new year's resolutions is to step up the way I am dressing at work. And as Stacy and Clinton say, we walk differently when we have heels on. Our posture is a little better, we stand up straight, and we carry ourselves a certain way. (Otherwise we'd fall on our as#@$$!)

So I wore heels yesterday and today in the airport. My feet survived.
These heels I wore are by no means terribly sexy. They're sensible heels. Comfortable. They look a little like this one but I could not find a single pair of aerology by aerosoles shoes online.

I learned that I do not want to buy any heels in which all my weight is on the ball of my foot. And I also learned a long time ago to throw away my "stupid" shoes. Otherwise I'll wear them again and call myself STUPID for not throwing them away after the first time!

Anyhoo. I am proud of my heel-wearing efforts! :)

2 comments:

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

I have a closet full of three and four inch sassy shoes- many are complete with the pointy toes. General rule, 4 inch heels are for dinner dates when you'll be sitting; a 3inch pair would be for a night on the town of dancing.

When I was a broker, it didn't matter. I sat most of the day; though I did make the mistake of wearing a 4in pair to work on occasion and ended up being stuck in them for the night too. My feet hated me the next day!

Anonymous said...

Congrats. lf