Friday, August 10, 2007

Vacation in the mountains






We came back from a very quick vacation in the mountains last week. The boys took some very good (and funny) pictures of our stay at the NRA Whittington center's back country cabin. The cabin is $100 a night...no water or electricity. But the cabin is nice, adequately stocked, warm, and you have to have a four-wheel drive to get there. It was Steve's dream.


It's on a ridge so you can see mountains from all sides. Highly recommend it.


Nothing really eventful happened. We were very rested by the time we came home. I can't believe we don't go more often. It's just six hours away. Shame on us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics!! But seriously, I have to have water and electricity!! See you in the a.m.- lf

Anonymous Farm Wife said...

It was just one night. I can live without water and electricity for ONE night. I sat on the porch and read a novel by lantern light. It was nice.