I live in the middle of nowhere, so I depend on a satellite dish on my roof for my "high speed" internet. Needless to say, it is NOT high speed. I guess the signal has to travel MILLIONS of miles into space before it comes back to my little home in Texas.
I'm at the coffee shop right now using their free broadband. It is INCREDIBLE! I can push the "enter" key and get a response right away. Wow. What a great concept.
HOWEVER, I like living on the farm away from the world. I feel a sense of independence and heartiness knowing that we are living in our own little "compound." I don't rely on many others to help out. I know how to use a shotgun if I need to. I can walk out and shoot off the porch if I want. Even our little dogs know who belongs on the place and who doesn't. I would have to trade all that in if I moved to town to get broadband.
So for now, I'll take the slow and expensive internet.
But if anyone has a suggestion on something faster than WILDBLUE - I'm all ears!!!
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment