I just made a batch of those "neiman marcus" cookies. The recipe makes 114 cookes! I didn't realize how long it was going to take me to bake 114 cookies. I should've done the math. 12 cookies at a time...10 minutes each batch (I only baked one batch at a time). TWO long hours of baking cookies. Now I remember why I don't like baking cookies. It's too much of a commitment. With a cake - you just whip it up and throw it in the oven for a good 30 minutes. You're not really tied to the oven every ten minutes. Cakes are better, anyway.
I was baking cookies so that my husband and boys would have some when they went on a trip (without me) to the mountains this week. I hope they enjoy them. The peanut butter cookies were much better than the chocolate chip. Every time I make chocolate chip cookies, they turn out flat...not very pretty. They taste OK but they don't look like they're supposed to. Any suggestions?
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Are you using butter or margarine and are you using an electric mixer or mixing them by hand?
I have never made the Neiman Marcus cookies, though I think I'd like to! Chocolate chip are my favorite.
Post a Comment