Those were my husband's words when he woke up this morning. It was a bright, sunny day and he is usually an optimist. But yesterday afternoon's storm had him down in the dumps. "This was a make or break year," he said.
All of our crops are ruined. And they were looking so good. We were already in bad shape because of the draught. We hope we will have time to replant.
Of course, we are so thankful and grateful that we all made it through unharmed. The boys were all huddled with Steve in the cellar while they heard the glass breaking above. They said they prayed the entire time.
It's hard to see in this picture but this is out of one of my broken windows...There's a drift of 12 inches of hail against the house.
During the hail storm.
You may be wondering why I would take the time to blog when I could be cleaning broken glass out of our clothes or sweeping leaves and mud out of the floors. I've done that. We've had tremendous help from family and friends. They boarded up windows, vacuumed floors and mopped up rain water, mud and leaves so that we could sleep in our home last night. They've also provided dinner and lots of prayers.
I just had to blog just to get this off my chest. The damage is overwhelming.
Please pray that we have the strength and patience to rebuild and keep farming. Thanks.





4 comments:
I am so sorry this happened to you guys... I know there never is a time when you plan or expect this kind of crap, it just always sneaks up on ya. I've been thinking about you today and hoping everything will be okay. Does it help if I say we only have 3 weeks and 1 day until Vegas?? :)
Let me know if you need anything or if you just need to vent or cry...
quiltnut
T - We've been thinking about you all day. Let me know if you need anything from "town"... Love you - Laura
I am so sorry! that is nuts! glad everything is okay!
love you!
Hey Leetle Seester....
I feel helpless being so far away. We are thinking of ya'll and praying for you.
We are just thankful no one was hurt. All the material stuff can be fixed or replaced... It sucks to lose the sentimental things, but in the end, it'll be okay...
Post a Comment