Saturday, April 05, 2008

Tonya...you are Amazing!

I went to a chiropractor this week - for the first time in my life. I met this Dr. at a civic organization meeting after he gave a speech about stress . The speech was fascinating...about how we all suffer from chronic stress. He said that chronic stress is a major source of our aches, pains and illnesses. He offered us a full evaluation for just $17. I have suffered from migraines for my entire life so I thought, "What the heck?"


I set up my appointment and entered the Dr. office. It was a bustling place. There were crosses EVERYWHERE. Even a picture of Jesus on the wall. They knew me by name and offered me an apple or a cup of hot tea while I waited. They gave me a tour of the facility and gave me a rundown of what to expect. They were unusually happy. Kind of like "Stepford wives." (That's a copy of the movie poster from 1975.) Each time they called a patient to be adjusted they would say, "John Doe, you're AMAZING! and you're needed at station 3." It was nice to be called "amazing."
I really like this Dr. and I am trying to keep an open mind about going to see him. They say that 99% of their migraine patients get rid of headaches after a course of treatment. I told them I'd had them since I was 5 and it would be a miracle if I was cured. They said, "Miracles happen everyday here." I go back for the consultation and results next week. These people truly believe that your spinal cord health affects everything else in your body and if your spinal cord is healthy, everything else is healthy. Of course, that means months and months of treatment and adjustments....and $$$$$$$$$$.
But if it gets rid of my migraines, it'll be worth it, right? I'll keep you posted.
(P.S. I'm keeping the name of the doctor under wraps for now. If a miracle happens, I'll shout his name from the rooftops.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That would be AMAZING!! I hope it works. Miss you, but see you soon... Laura